Lose 5 Pounds in 5 Days!
The Revolutionary Peak Performance Cleanse
With our detoxification cleanses, we are seeing such outstanding results in weight loss, blood tests and general health that we wanted to share some of them with you.
- “I lost 12 pounds and 2 1/2” from my waist (with 12 day cleanse). More importantly, my cholesterol levels dropped from 220 to 160 without medication.” – Brian
- “I felt great after the 9-day cleanse, as if I had a secret and no matter how stressful certain situations were I was invincible.” – Barbara
- “I had a 17 lb weight loss and a 69 point reduction in my total cholesterol.” – Matt (with 14 day cleanse)
- “I lost 6 pounds in a week. I have more energy and my body functions have improved.” – Roxane
- “Once I completed the cleanse I was able to identify what foods were causing me to be lethargic, congested and bloated.” – Rachel
- (Results will vary)
Call and schedule your free Cleanse Consult and lose weight, toxins and fatigue!
Led by Ron Stumbris, MD, Steven Arculeo, DC and Maggie Gabel, DC, the wellness team at Peak Performance Health Care supervises and assists patients as they safely cleanse toxins from your body. Over the course of the cleanse, patients enjoy two filling meal-replacement shakes per day and one balanced meal. All cleanse products are made from certified organic or wild-crafted ingredients, and also include herbal concentrates to purge toxins. Although results vary, detoxification can help individuals lose weight, increase energy levels, and improve the regularity of bowel movements and digestion function. Specialists soak up medical history during the initial consultation to provide informed medical supervision throughout the process. Team members are available to answer any questions and lead you to improved health!
Get Our Free Health Tips Newsletter:
Cleanse & Detoxification FAQs
Click on the questions below to read the answers. Click again to hide them.
Cleansing Detoxification (or Cleanse for short) is the body’s natural process of neutralizing or eliminating toxins from the body. A toxin is anything that can potentially harm body tissue. Toxins are acquired from the air we breathe, the processed food we eat, the polluted water we drink, the medications we take, the chemical cleaners we use, and the beauty products we put on our skin…just to name a few.
The body has protective mechanisms against toxins. Some toxins are transformed chemically into less harmful compounds and excreted via stool, urine, or sweat. Unfortunately, with an overload of toxins, the body cannot keep up. The body will insulate the toxic compounds with fat cells as a protective barrier, to prevent harm to the body. Therefore, fat will accumulate, leading to excess weight. This cumulative load, called the “body burden”, is thought to lead to illness and has been linked to hormonal imbalance, impaired immune function, nutritional deficiency, and an inefficient metabolism. Initially, there may be subtle warning signs, such as fatigue, poor skin, pain, headaches, digestive problems, mind fog, depression and anxiety.
- Increased Energy
- Clearer Skin
- Improved Sleep
- Regular Bowel Movements
- Improved Digestion
- Increased Clarity and Concentration
- Weight Loss!
To get rid of toxins, you must do a proper Cleanse program. This program consists of:
- Taking specific concentrated herbs and nutrients to flush out the accumulation of toxins from your colon, liver and fat stores.
- Adapting a healthy diet that promotes natural, ongoing elimination (good bowel movement and function), and hydration.
- Incorporating exercise and perspiration inducing activities into lifestyle.
There are many different types of cleansing detoxes, depending on your specific health goals. Because everyone is different, a cleansing detox can only be recommended after a thorough physical evaluation and testing. A cleansing detox should be done under the care of your wellness physician, to assist you through the detox, answer your questions, and help you make good food and lifestyle decisions. Your wellness physician will help you achieve your personal health goals!
Peak Performance Cleanse Success Stories
“I started feeling the positive effects from the cleanse almost immediately; skin cleared up, eyes brighter and no circles, more energy, lost 1 pound a day (lost 13 pounds total), felt “cleaner”. I ate SO MUCH healthier and exercised more. Wanted to keep it up when cleanse ended! You could actually see/feel the effects”.
“I decided that it was time to address the extra weight that I was carrying. I chose to undergo the 12-Day Cleanse. The results, which include a 17 pound weight loss and a 69 point reduction in my total cholesterol, came as a result of strict adherence to Dr. A’s program. The discipline that I adopted during the 12- Day Cleanse has carried over and I have been eating in a smart way since. I have also returned to regular workouts featuring target heart rate cardiovascular exercise and weight lifting.”
Additional Peak Performance Recommended Products:
Consult with the Peak Performance team to find out what additional nutrient supplementation would help you get the most out of your Cleanse as well as help your overall health. These are the most common additional nutrients we recommend for people on the Cleanse.
- General Nutrients – multivitamin, fish oil, probiotics
- Aloe Vera Juice – for digestive support
- Adrenal Support – for balancing hormones & blood sugar, and to prevent the damaging effects of stress
Additional Peak Performance Services:
- Sports physical therapy check up
- Gait analysis
- Supartz knee repair
- Gravitational postural and spinal –core assessment
- Nutrition counseling
- Food sensitivity testing
- Treatment for disc problems, back pain, sciatica, headaches and athletic injury
Peak Performance Organic Cleanse
Read this carefully before starting your Cleanse. Make sure you have attended the Cleanse Workshop at Peak Performance prior to starting the cleanse. If, after you have attended the workshop and read this, you still have any questions or confusion, please call us at (312) 440 – 9646 or email@example.com (Wells St. Location) or (773) 631 – 1110 or firstname.lastname@example.org (Touhy Ave. location)
The Peak Performance Organic Cleanse is designed to remove accumulated, health damaging, toxic substances you encounter everyday in our food, water and environment. This Cleanse uses high quality and high potency organic herbs and nutrients to flush out those toxins from your liver, colon and fat stores to restore your organs, your metabolism and overall health back to improved function. We have used this Cleanse for many years and have hundreds of success stories. So, if you want to be another Peak Performance Cleanse success story, follow the program exactly as outlined.
1. Green Dragon Meal Replacement Drink: (purchase 17oz for 5-Day Cleanse and 32oz for 12-Day)
Put the following in a blender and mix until smooth. Drink immediately.
- Peak Performance Total Nutrition – 2 level tablespoons
- Udo’s Oil 3-6-9 (purchase 32oz at Whole Foods) – 2 tablespoons
- ½ organic banana or ½ cup frozen organic berries
- 8 oz of organic apple juice or water or a combination or both
2. Liver Cleanse Formula (Concentrated liquid herbal extract)
- Squeeze the dropper rubber end once, the clear glass tube will fill up about half way.
- Mix 6 (half-full) tubes into 2 ounces of water.
- Drink down quickly.
- NOTE: This may not taste very good. These powerful concentrated liver cleansing herbs tend to be bitter tasting.
- Many patients of ours have told us they like to use their Green Dragon as a “chaser” after drinking this bitter herb extract mixture.
3. Intestinal Cleanse (Capsules):
- The day before you start the Cleanse take the Intestinal Cleanse Capsule with your dinner meal the day before you start the Cleanse. On day 1 you should have 1-3 bowel movements. If you do, just continue taking one capsule with each dinner meal/Green Dragon. If you do not have at least one bowel movement, increase the number of Intestinal Cleanse tablets, gradually increasing one at a time, until you have at least 1, and at best, 2 to 3 bowel movements a day.
- It is OK to have loose bowel movements or diarrhea that is not uncomfortable. If you have uncomfortable cramping diarrhea then decrease the amount of Intestinal Cleanse capsules. If even 1 capsule is too much, you can open a capsule and discard half of the contents and just take half. You can also skip a day of taking the Intestinal Cleanse capsules if necessary and reintroduce ½ capsule to resume taking it. If the diarrhea still continues, contact our office for more detailed instructions for your specific situation.
- DO NOT TAKE CAPSULES ON AN EMPTY STOMACH.
- NOTE: When you have an urge to have a bowel movement, don’t wait. Go when you first feel the urge. Do not put it off. The Cleanse will cause, at times, an urgency to move one’s bowels.
Protocol and Schedule:
• Have the Green Dragon meal replacement drink.
2. Liver Cleanse Formula Extract
• Take herbal extract and water mix at the same time as the Green Dragon Drink. Taking the herbal extract in water first, and then using the Green Dragon as a “chaser” works well. Do not put the herbal extract in the Green Dragon, for it will ruin the taste of the Green Dragon.
3. Morning Snack
• Fruit, vegetable or vegetable juice. (see list of options on back table)
• Have protein and large raw salad meal:
• Large Salad: 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (no
avocados, nuts or seeds)
• Protein: 4 ounces of lean protein – chicken, turkey, fish; (vegetarian option: tofu, lentils or hummus) NOTE: With the Green Dragon powder, you will be getting at least 12 grams of protein per day and more with the variety of vegetables you are eating.
5. Afternoon Snack
• See Table
• Green Dragon Drink.
7. Liver Cleanse Formula Extract:
• Taken with the ‘dinner’ meal to induce 1-3 bowel movements a day.
8. Intestinal Cleanse capsules:
• Taken with the “dinner” meal to induce 2-3 bowel movements a day
9. Evening Snacks:
• Fruit, vegetable or vegetable juice
10. Chew your food:
• Between bites, put down your fork and chew your food a minimum of 20 times before swallowing.
11. Water: 32 ounces per day. You can squeeze organic lemon or lime juice into your water.
- If you are going out for dinner, you can have the Green Dragon Drink for breakfast and lunch.
- If you do not like the taste of the Green Dragon, try adding frozen or fresh berries.
- Use vegetable juice instead of water and apple juice in Green Dragon (for example: carrot, apple, celery, kale).
- Use Udo’s Oil, vinegar and seasoning herbs for salad dressing.
- Exercise: Exercise daily 30 minutes per day to break a sweat, but not to fatigue. If 30 minutes of exercise is a lot for you, then work up to it. Just get your circulation moving and perspire.
- Sleep: Get a minimum of 7 hours a day. Best if you can get 8 hours. Your body is healing.
- Body Scrub Routine: If your skin “breaks-out”, that is actually a good sign. This means the Cleanse has mobilized toxins and they are coming out. To help the cleansing process and minimize or avoid undesirable blemishes, do the Body Scrub routine. (included).
After Cleanse (Important)
- Your first day after the cleanse, do not binge on all the “not allowed foods”. Add more foods as you like, but do it gradually so as to not shock your digestive track.
- Watch how you respond to some of these “not allowed” foods. You may notice more obvious signs of your body not tolerating them well. Listen to your body.
- If you liked the Green Dragon and would like to have it as a meal replacement, that is a great idea for getting a powerful collection of nutrients and ideal weight-maintaining effects. The Green Dragon drink is a great way to eat healthy while you are on the go with a busy lifestyle.
- You may have Intestinal Cleanse tablets left over as well. Use these any time, WITH YOUR DINNER MEAL, to stimulate bowel movements. If you are healthy you should have one or two bowel movements each day. If you ever do not have a bowel movement in a day, then take intestinal cleanse tablet(s) with dinner that night. Remember, never take them on an empty stomach.
- You may benefit from getting tested for food sensitivities if you find you experience some symptoms returning as you reintroduce certain foods. We do food sensitivity testing at Peak Performance Health Care.
For best weight management and health benefits after your Cleanse:
- Have one Green Dragon a day as a meal replacement.
- Eat a large salad, large portions of side vegetables beans and lentils with both lunch and dinner. Fill up on the salad, vegetables, beans and healthy soups first. Then you can eat your protein and carbohydrate.
- Minimize sugar and simple carbohydrates.
- Continue to avoid or minimize fried foods, processed foods and dairy foods.
- One day a week eat whatever you want!
- Exercise! This is vital to keep the weight off and maintain good health in general.
- Get a performance check-up at our center to make sure you are ready to exercise intensely without injury and you are doing the correct exercises for your health goals.
This is an amazing remedy and you don’t have to cook a thing. This remedy activates circulation, promoting clear, soft skin by helping the skin eliminate toxins from the body. Don’t let its simplicity fool you. If you do this daily you will see noticeable results.
Quarter fold a cotton wash cloth (or use a cloth spa glove purchased from a pharmacy). Using hot water, wet the cloth and begin to scrub your body (without soap) rubbing gently with just the weight of your hand, until your skin turns pink all over. Start with your hands, rubbing palm and back, between your fingers, and work your way up your arms towards your chest. Next, rub your chest and back, women should avoid the breasts and for both men and women, the genitals, but srub the groin area. Work your way down your belly, scrub your buttocks, and then work your way down your legs, front and back, to your feet, scrubbing the tops of your feet, between your toes and even the soles of your feet.
At first, you’ll notice that your skin turns a mottled pink. As the body breaks down accumulated, hardened fats, your skin will turn a uniform rosy pink in minutes.
One month of faithful scrubbing and you’ll notice a new softness to your skin, and you’ll be addicted. In about two months, you’ll find that you no longer need moisturizer, as you won’t have flaky shins or crusty heels. For the best results scrub every day.
(Adapted from Glow: A Presription for Radiant Health and Beauty; By Christina Pirello, HP Books; 2011)
We are committed to your health vitality and appearance. We continue to research and develop products and programs that offer total body wellness. Because of the need for individuals to regularly rid their bodies of a cumulative toxins and waste materials,Peak Performance,has spent many years in the development and perfection of the ultimate detoxification and body cleansing program. Designs with the aid and interaction of physicians, nutritionist,and herbalist, the formulas for detoxification program has helped thousands of people in their quest for her health and vitality. Detoxification is one of the most important factors in the promotion of good health and disease prevention. The Peak Performance Cleansing & Detoxification programs helps the body to cleanse itself of toxins, mucus and other waste materials in the intestinal track and major vital organs, improving the way they function. This not only restores the new energy to the vital organs, but to the entire body as well. Peak Performance offers one of the original detoxification programs. These are natural formulas that have been in use since 1979 Long before detoxification was a popular concept. This history gives you confidence that you are using a program is safe and effective.
An increase in energy is experienced, the digestive track and rid itself of cumulative waste and bacteria. Liver, kidneys and blood are purified and function more effectively. The Peristaltic action of the colon is strengthened. Mental clarity occurs. Bad eating habits are broken. The stomach has a chance to return to normal size, making it easier to control the quantity of food eaten.
Absolutely. Body cleansing for health is a concept that has been used for thousands of years. This type of internal cleansing has been used safely over the last 30 years. Peak Performance recommends detoxification after carefully assessing your health goals and seeing what detox is appropriate and best in your specific situation.
Cellulite is waste materials trapped in connective tissue and fat cells, and it is very resistant to ordinary dieting and exercise. While detox will not remove cellulite, it does cleanse the intestinal track in the bodies liquid waste, thereby speeding up the elimination of toxins from the body, which aids in cellulite removal. Improved results can be achieved when done in conjunction with Peak Performance body contouring wraps.
Candida is an over infestation of yeast in the body. It invades the brain and every tissue in the body. Candida grows and lives on what you eat, and makes your body crave what it needs. For this reason, Candida is difficult to get rid of, but it can be eradicated a proper steps are taken.
Candida is one of many different types of yeast. Yeast cells are able to grow on the surface of all living things and occur virtually anywhere. The fact is, we breeze, eat, and drink them daily. Because they are part of our bodies lives, we all have used growing in our skin, another body surfaces and in our intestines. Normally our bodys’ defense systems keep the total number of the cells under control, and so candida colonies in our intestinal tract is nothing to worry about. However, poor nutrition or a sluggish or impaired immune system weakens the bodies ability to fight off East. Stress and environmental pollutants can also play a role in reducing the bodies control over Candida. When this happens, East colonies grow rapidly and candida may result.
A number of conditions can lead to Candida. Steroid drugs such as Cortizone, hormonal birth control pills and the use of antibiotics and antibiotic intake from meat consumption can invite the problem. Such antibiotics can reduce the number of beneficial bacteria that normally help to keep the yeast or control.
Antibiotics kill not only the bad but also the good bacteria in the body. Good or friendly bacteria work like a police force, keeping the invading east from spreading through the body. As long as the body maintains a sufficient number of helpful bacteria to counterbalance the effects of harmful bacteria or yeast, the body remains healthy. It might be thought that taking a probiotic (good intestinal bacteria nutrient) will correct this. But it will not. The Candida needs to be eradicated first. Then a good proboitic an avoiding antibiotic continuing meat will be good maintenance.
Alcohol, caffeine, stress and aging all destroyed friendly bacteria in the system. Sugar, gluten and meet encourage harmful bacteria growth in the intestines.
There may be changes in the cells that contribute to the Candida condition. Yeast by-products and exhaust are two very toxic substances, ethanol and acetaldehyde. These two toxins and turn alter the ability of ourselves in the following ways:
- Red blood cells have difficulty passing into small capillaries. This can cause fatigue, dizziness, muscle aches, or headaches.
- White blood cells have trouble enveloping bacteria and far material, thus, the body has trouble fighting infection.
- Sugar has difficulty passing through cells. Insulin cannot do his job properly, causing low blood sugar and often weight gain.
- Thyroid hormones have trouble passing through cells, which causes the metabolism to slow down, often causing low body temperature cold hands and feet, fatigue and intolerance to cold.
- Minerals have trouble passing through cell walls, causing fluid retention and electrolyte in balance.
- Cells have difficulty passing messages one to another. This can cause muscle and nerve problems.
These are some of the common symptoms of Candida:
- Gastrointestinal problems; gas, bloating, abdominal pain, gastritis, ulcer, heartburn, diarrhea, constipation, spastic colon.
- Respiratory problems; frequent soar throats, canker soars, sinus infections, bronchial infections, chronic cough, asthma
- Genital or urinary problems; yeast infections, itching or burning of the vagina, anus or prostate, urinary burning, frequent urination, menstrual cramping, PMS
- Skin infections
- Headaches; sinus headaches, tension headaches, migraines, low blood sugar headaches.
- Fatigue, anxiety, irritability, moodiness, restlessness, sleep disturbances
If you think you may be suffering from Candida, schedule a free consultation and candida screening test and see how you can be helped.